Trevor Lindars (aka Spike)
Insight | Action | Impact – Strategy and Innovation
I have worked with start-ups, SMEs and corporates serving both the public and private sectors. I have 25 years of experience managing projects, programs, operations, engineering and technology-driven change and have served in both leadership and advisory roles internationally.
I commenced my career with a major UK defence company where I gained wide practical experience in the management of complex, multidisciplinary product development and systems integration projects. Focus areas included naval exercise mines, sonar systems and battlefield communications.
I moved to Australia after being headhunted to lead the development of the first integrated marine seismic survey system for a large international company. Thereafter, I went on to lead the successful development and commercialisation of a deep-water, autonomous reservoir monitoring system.
Building on these achievements, I stayed on to drive a number of business improvement initiatives that ultimately led to me taking on an Operations Management role. In this capacity I managed a portfolio of departments spanning manufacturing, product support, engineering, supply-chain logistics and process improvement.
Since 2009, I have been consulting in the development, commercialisation and offshore operations of a seabed drilling system, the relocation of a large manufacturing plant and various operational improvement and risk reduction projects in the transport sector for both government and its strategic suppliers.
I have successfully run operations with more than 100 staff, project/program budgets exceeding $10M and operational P&L accountabilities of $25M+ in addition to acting in advisory, mentoring and training capacities.
I have a track record of delivering value against challenging targets and readily leverage my diverse background to drive innovation and translate insight into actions and impact.
I grew up in London and migrated to Sydney in 2000. I enjoy music; playing both guitar and piano in addition to writing, producing and performing. I love travel, nature and the outdoors and I'm a RYA sailing skipper, master scuba diver and student paragliding pilot (a few solo flights and only one crash-landing so far).
Just for fun I have embedded one of my compositions "A Fragment of Time" here...
You can also check out my band's website here: Spotlight Pony
For those interested in such things I have listed my most relevant qualifications below:
- BSc (Hons) in Physics and Electronic Systems (UK)
- Certified Management Consultant [CMC]
- Engineering Executive [EngExec]
- Chartered Professional Engineer [CPEng] | NPER
- Program/Project Management Professional (incl. MSP, PMBoK and PRINCE2)
- Certified Lean Management Professional
- Certified Change Manager (Prosci)
- Certified Trainer and Assessor (Cert IV)
- Mentor for muru-D, Lean Startup Machine, Engineers Australia, Institute of Managers and Leaders, and the Project Management Institute
- Australian Government NV1 Security Clearance
- Fellow of the Institution of Engineers Australia [FIEAust]
- Fellow of the Institute of Managers and Leaders [FIML]
Filmed in 1080p | posted as 720p | music composed and produced by Trevor Lindars (Spike) - 24MAY14.